If you are missing teeth, you may consider wearing dentures or partials. These are both common choices. However, we at Dental Health Care Associates believe that the very best treatment for missing teeth is to actually replace them rather than just using a removable appliance to compensate. With dental implants, patients who are missing teeth can live their lives free from the hassle of dental appliances and without the troublesome consequences of living with missing teeth.
Patients who get dental implants will benefit in many ways, but here are just 4 of them.
1. Getting dental implants makes it easier to eat and speak.
- Eating when you have missing teeth can be difficult, and the extra wear placed on any existing teeth isn’t good, either. Dentures allow you to eat, but you’ll be limited as to which foods you can eat (anything too sticky is out). Dental implants will allow you to eat whatever you desire, without worry of an appliance breaking.
- When teeth are missing, pronouncing certain words or speaking in general may be difficult. Dental implants make it easier to speak clearly without worry of slipping dentures.
2. Replacing missing teeth with dental implants benefits your oral health.
- Many people don’t realize that their teeth serve a purpose beyond chewing and smiling. The roots of our natural teeth stimulate the jawbone and keep our gums healthy. When a tooth is missing, you may eventually begin to experience bone and tissue loss (this is why dentures may become loose over time).
- Dental implants replace the roots of the missing teeth, promoting better oral health.
3. Dental implants are strong and durable.
- Dental implants are as strong as natural teeth. They allow you to go about your life without worry of breaking an expensive appliance.
- Because dental implants are surgically implanted into the jawbone, there’s no need to worry about slipping, ill-fitting, or painful dentures. Dental implants are a permanent solution.
4. Dental implants are an attractive, natural-looking solution for missing teeth.
- When teeth are missing, your appearance suffers. You likely feel self conscious and would rather not smile around other people. And let’s face it – dentures and other appliances can be obvious and unattractive.
- Dental implants not only make your smile complete, but they can also improve the appearance of your entire face. When teeth are missing, your cheeks may begin to sag, causing you to look older. Dental implants provide structure for your face and greatly improve your appearance.
If you or a loved one is missing a tooth or multiple teeth, dental implants may be the very best treatment option. Call our Philadelphia dentists today and schedule a dental implant appointment. Allow us to help you obtain a better quality of life with dental implants.