Having missing teeth can damage your self-esteem, make eating more difficult, and wreak havoc on your oral health. If you are missing teeth, know that you do not have to live with gaps in your smile or settle for wearing dentures for the rest of your life. Dental implants are a way to replace missing teeth permanently.
Getting dental implants can be a lengthy process because it requires oral surgery and allowing some time to pass so the implants can fuse with the jaw bone and become stable and permanent. However, most patients find that dental implants are a worthy investment because they make such a big difference in their day-to-day lives.
Dr. Lance Panarello is an implants dentist in the Philadelphia area who can provide you with high-quality dental implants. Here are some of the many ways getting dental implants can significantly improve your quality of life.
Restoring Your Mouth’s Functionality
- Having missing teeth can make it difficult to chew thoroughly and puts uneven wear on your existing teeth. Dental implants make it easy for patients to eat normally because they are just as strong as natural teeth. People with dental implants can eat whatever foods they like without worry.
- Gaps in the smile can also affect one’s speech, but dental implants allow patients to speak clearly.
Improving the Appearance of Your Smile
- Having missing teeth can cause one to feel embarrassed and self-conscious about smiling. Many people experience a major self-esteem boost after getting dental implants.
- Most patients will agree that dental implants are a more attractive option than dentures. The crowns placed on the implants are created to appear naturally beautiful. People will not be able to tell you have dental implants.
Eliminating the Need for Dentures
- Dental implants eliminate the need for dentures, which many patients find very convenient and freeing. After getting dental implants, the patient no longer has to worry about cleaning the dentures, using denture adhesive, being careful so as not to damage the dentures, or other inconveniences.
- Many patients complain of dentures becoming loose over time. When the natural teeth are missing, it leads to bone and gum tissue loss. This in combination with the pressure of the dentures sitting on top of the gums can cause the dentures to become loose. Unlike dentures, which must be replaced over time due to these and other issues, dental implants are a permanent fixture.
Promoting Oral Health
- One of the functions of a natural tooth is to keep the jawbone healthy, and when a tooth is missing, bone loss can occur. Getting dental implants keeps the bone healthy.
- Having spaces where teeth should be can cause the existing teeth to shift out of place. Dental implants prevent your teeth from shifting and ruining your bite.
Dr. Panarello and the staff at Dental Health Care Associates are committed to helping patients restore their smiles. Dental implants are the ideal solution for almost anyone who is missing a tooth or multiple teeth. If you are missing teeth and are ready for a new smile, we encourage you to call and schedule your free dental implants consultation.